SIGN UP TO JOIN THE CHALLENGE
The United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge is a 21-week program that encourages residents across the state of Illinois to become more engaged in conversations about the importance of racial equity.
The United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge is a 21-week program that encourages Illinois residents to engage in racial equity conversations to gain a deeper understanding about the impact systemic racism and inequity have on our state and in our local communities. United, we can help create a stronger, more equitable Illinois economy and stronger, more inclusive Illinois communities.
- 100% FREE to participate.
- Receive one email per week from Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Jan. 18, 2021 to Juneteenth on June 19, 2021.
- Spend approximately 15 minutes per week completing each challenge activity.
- Weekly topics include Understanding Privilege, Housing & Redlining, Justice System Inequities, among many others.
- Participants who complete all of the weekly challenges will receive a certificate of completion, a digital badge, and links to tips and training tools to help continue the conversation.
Please sign up to join the challenge and receive weekly updates when new challenge content is available.
If you represent a company, group, or organization, please register all participating individuals using the below sign-up form.
How It Works
Each Week Learn About a New Topic on Equity
At the end of the challenge, we will provide ideas on actions you can take to help improve equity issues in your community and present you with a Challenge Certificate of Completion
About the Equity Challenge
United Way of Illinois and our network of 44 United Ways across the state want to be a healing voice for the State of Illinois. We recognize there is significant need for us as individuals and organizations to gain a better understanding of how inequity and racism impact so many of our neighbors and to learn what we can do to dismantle all forms of oppression. The United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge is designed to be a powerful opportunity for shared learning, action, and growth.
The self-guided learning journey examines the history and impact of racism, and how it has shaped people’s lives. The experience will deepen understanding and help launch what we hope will be a lifelong commitment to improving equity and inclusion.
Visit the Healing Illinois Events Calendar to find a racial equity event in or near your local community.